You measure profitability by the ore you produce – and the more cost effectively you do that, the more successful you are. While drills, draglines, loaders and haul trucks are responsible for producing ore, motor graders have a direct impact on how productively these machines can operate – in particular in their role in haul road maintenance.
- 18 Foot Moldboard – The 18M3 includes a standard 18 foot moldboard and straight 10 inch by 1 3/8 inch cutting edge, which allows the operator to increase coverage by 12.5% compared to a 16 foot moldboard. Also the operator can us a more aggressive blade angle and still be able to deposit the windrow away from the tires to protect tire life. The use of a more aggressive blade angle results in reduced load on the machine and the ability to better maintain ground speed for enhanced performance.
- 18M3 Power Levels and Optimized Variable Horse Power (VHP) – Compared to the 16M3, the 18M3 has on average 5% more power. The additional power combined with the 18 foot moldboard and proper weight balance provides the best combination of performance and coverage. The Optimized Variable Horse Power (VHP) is designed to provide the ideal amount of power in all gears to efficiently perform diverse motor grader applications while protecting structure and drive train components.
- Machine Balance – With optimized combination of weight and balance the 18M3 delivers enhanced traction and the ability to keep ground speed, especially when carrying a large load on the board.
- Simple, Operator Friendly Emissions Technology – The 18M3 is available with three variations of the C13 engine with ACERT™ Technology. One meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final / EU Stage IV / Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final) emissions standards and is required for sale in higher regulated countries. The other options will be capable of meeting Tier 2 / Stage II / Japan 2001 (Tier 2) equivalent emission standards or Tier 3 / Stage IIIA / Japan 2006 (Tier 3) equivalent emission standards, depending on the emission standards of the specific country. Emissions reduction technology on the 18M3 Motor Grader is designed to be transparent, with no action required from the operator.
- Rear Ripper / Scarifier – Made to penetrate tough material fast and rip thoroughly for easier movement with the moldboard. The 18M3 includes a standard ripper with three shanks with the ability to add four more for additional versatility.
- Comfort and Control – The multi-color / touch screen Information Display is the operator's gateway to monitoring machine performance, a convenient way of modifying machine parameters to tailor performance to the current task and access the service information for initial troubleshooting.
- Monitor, Manage, and Enhance Job Site Operations – Cat Product Link™ Elite is deeply integrated into your machine, helping you take the guesswork out of equipment management. Easy access to timely information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink® user interface can help you effectively manage your fleet and lower operating cost.